Sunday, July 19, 2015

Saturated Canary - Fashion Decades

Hi everyone! Oooh...I am so excited to share this one with you.  Saturated Canary was the first stamp company I bought digital stamps from, and I fell in love with her images right off the bat.  I don't get a chance to color them as much as I'd like (I need like 10 more hours a day, lol), but today I made time for to color just for fun. I bought a bunch of her new images recently, and I was playing around tonight with her new 'Fashion Decades' images, and boy are they amazing.  She is having a coloring challenge on her blog , and I really wanted to play along, and well...here is my entry (using 40's Fashion Decade which you can find here):


The Copics I used are: skin - E000, E00, E04, E11, E21, R11 & R20; hair - E53, E57 & E59, dress - Y11, Y21, Y26 & YR31;  shoes - W3, W5, W7 & W9; lips/flowers - R32, R37 & R39.  I also used a fine tip black sharpie on her dress.


For the card I used Bazzill cardstock, paper by Basic Grey (Barista), twine, and flowers/leaves from Wild Orchid, and Prima.  These colors are so not ones I normally use, which made it a but more challenging, but also more fun.  My daughter will tell you I'm not a fan of the color yellow, but after making this card, I might change my mind about that.  Once I colored her dress, I wanted to jazz it up a bit, and decided to go with black polka dots.  About 1/3 of the way into it, I decided to try doing only half of the bottom portion, and I am quite pleased with the result!  I also didn't feel like doing a bunch more polka dots, so I am glad it worked, lol.  I hope you like her.  I think I need to make more time for Krista's images...I still love them!  Thanks for looking, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. 

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Saturated Canary - 'Fashion Decades' Coloring Challenge
Graph It Markers - 2 Color Tones (Yellow and Brown)

xx Bonnie

7 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is so beautiful and elegant Bonnie
Gr Karin

Jacee said...

Gorgeous design, I love the image, she's lovely!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Unknown said...

Ooooo this is so pretty! Really pretty choice of colours!
Thanks for joining our two tone colour challenge at the Graph'it marker blog!
Hugs xx Cara (DT)

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is so gorgeous, I like the image and the colours, Thank you for joining in with us at Graph'It colour crazy Challenge, Good Luck
Kevin xx

caroline said...

Wow great card love the card thanks for joining us at graph'it coloring challeng good luck
caroline dt

caroline said...

Wow great card love the card thanks for joining us at graph'it coloring challeng good luck
caroline dt

caroline said...

Wow great card love the card thanks for joining us at graph'it coloring challeng good luck
caroline dt