Friday, January 15, 2016

A Magical Read

How is everyone doing?  It's getting late here, but before I head off to bed, I would like to share a card I made today.  It's an image I've had for a few months, and I haven't had time to color her, due to all of my DT projects.  Well, today I decided that I wanted to make more time to color 'just because', and she is the first!  The image is A Magical Read from A Day for Daisies.  I just adore their images.  They are so beautiful and unique. I hope you like her:)




The Copics I used are: skin - E000, E00, E11,E21, E93 & R11; hair - V93, V95 & V99; dress - Y21, Y17, Y32 & Y38; butterflies - B21, B24, BV0000, RV000, RV02 & RV04.  The image is printed on x-press paper.


Now, I have to tell you...when I decided to color her, I hopped on over to the A Day for Daisies Blog to check out the current challenge.  When I sae the challenge is to stitch it up, I had a little panic.  I am pretty crafty, but sewing is not my thing!  (Though I secretly wish to get a sewing machine and learn to use it on my cards and layouts).  Well, I looked around at what I had, and I found this beautiful paper from Bo Bunny that has stitching in the pattern! Perfect, right?  So I used this paper, along with Bazzill cardstock, Wild Orchid flowers, cheesecloth, dies by Dear Lizzy and Spellbinders, and Martha Stewart butterfly punches. What do you think?  Thanks for taking a look!  Have a fabulous weekend!

xx Bonnie

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

A Day for Daisies - Stitch it Up (faux stitching on patterned paper)
Penny's Paper Crafty - Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart - Anything Goes
TTCRD - Anything Goes


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really pretty!!!
Hugsss, Gaby

Debbie L said...

Beautiful card. Beautiful coloring. Thanks for sharing.

Pia S said...

O soft and feminine and delicate! Love how you did her hair, it looks so natural...

Cicci said...

Oooo :) sooo beutiful card!! Love The soft feeling in The card !! Really beutiful
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

HUGS :0) Cicci,
TTCRD DT
ciccividpennan.blogspot.com{My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com
-------------------------------------------

kiwimeskreations said...

What a lovely card Bonnie - your colouring is fabulous, and the papers, flowers and die cuts accent her beautifully.
Blessings
Maxine

Amy Cohen said...

So excited you kept coloring and made this beautiful card!! Love the paper and cheesecloth- great idea.
Love Ya, Amy

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful card Bonnie. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Juliana said...

Lovely coloring!!!!
I love the sunny yellow, too!
Thank you so much for playing along with us at A Day for Daisies!!!

Jen Leeflang said...

Your card is beautiful, and I particularly love the flowers and the way you have coloured the hair!
Thanks so much for joining us over at the A Day for Daisies "Stitch it Up" challenge. Good luck in the prize draw.
Love
Jen L
ADFD DT

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes” challenge over at Penny’s.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Come and Get It)

(DT Crafty Friends)